Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Epistemology and Metaphysics for Fun and Profit!

I have recently taken over a course (from my colleague Paul Nnodim) entitled Epistemology and Metaphysics ("E&M"), scheduled for MW @ 3:30 this coming fall. It is currently and inexplicably in danger of cancellation due to under-enrollment! It is a strange world indeed.

As it turns out, the theories and concerns of E&M are implicated in all that we think, say, and do. See me for any further details -- or better yet, just sign up for the seminar. I consider obviously qualified any of my current or past strong (thoughtful, engaged, curious, civil, etc.) students.

DKJ

2 comments:

  1. Not entirely inexplicable, I'm afraid; by an unfortunate oversight, the course is competes with Ancient Philosophy in its time slot. But all students who have enjoyed prior philosophy courses, including logic, world religions, first course, constructing reality, etc., will find that this challenging topic takes their understanding of philosophy to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly did for me, and was my favorite philosophy course at MCLA. I wrote my best college paper in that course, and if the commute wouldn't kill me, I'd love to sign up! E&M under-enrolled? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete